This post was last updated on May 4th, 2020 at 08:01 pm
Welcome to this week’s Nomics Update, our way of keeping you in the loop with everything happening at Nomics. Let’s begin with our exciting new feature, 7-day cryptoasset price predictions. To our knowledge, we’re the first aggregator to offer crypto price predictions generated by machine learning.
We train our machine learning model with data from our market data API. For each asset on Nomics, the model returns a predicted 7-day percentage change from the current price, a predicted 7-day price, and the mean 30-day error.
Predictions are available on the main market cap index (see above) and all individual cryptoasset pages, where historical accuracy can be tracked by mousing along the charts. Here’s an example from our Ethereum (ETH) price page:
Predictions are also available through our API.
For the rest of this week’s update – and a video walkthrough of our price prediction feature – read on.
🚀 This Week At Nomics
- #1. 🎉 Announcing Crypto Price Predictions (Powered by Machine Learning): We’re thrilled to announce the beta release of 7-day cryptoasset price predictions. We generate our predictions with a machine learning model trained by our API, which provides daily prices for thousands of cryptocurrencies.
Our predictions are 100% free, and there’s no signup required. Simply visit Nomics.com and follow these steps:
1. Click the
Unlockbutton in the “7D Prediction” column
2. Acknowledge that our predictions are not investment advice
3. For historical error data, use the infoboxes
4. Enjoy your predictions
Just remember that these predictions are not investment advice. For more on that, read the announcement post.
While you’re at it, check out these articles from CoinDesk, Cointelegraph, and Decrypt covering the announcement.
- #2. 🚂 Nomics Now Lists 300+ Crypto Exchanges: This week, we integrated two more exchanges, Play Royal and Phemex, both of which were added with “D” ratings for providing low-granularity, non-historical ticker information.
We now list a total of 303 crypto exchanges, 90% of all active exchanges. This nicely follows last week’s news that we reached 8,061 (now 8,108) cryptoassets. And we still list three times as many markets as CoinMarketCap.
To learn about our exchange rating system, read the following essay.
- #3. 🎧 TokenSets, Set Protocol & Crypto Trading’s Future: Flippening episode #75, TokenSets, Set Protocol & Crypto Trading’s Future, is live on our blog. We’re joined by Felix Feng, co-founder and CEO of Set, the protocol behind TokenSets, an Ethereum-based platform for automated “Robo” and social crypto trading. We discuss how TokenSets works and why social trading might be the future of finance.
That’s all for this week. Thank you for being part of our growing community. 🌱