Welcome to this week’s Nomics Update, our way of keeping you in the loop with everything happening at Nomics.
Let’s start with our fully customizable daily crypto newsletter. Over the past two weeks, subscriptions have really picked up. Since May 1st, our subscriber count has doubled! For reasons, read on.
Ours is the only daily crypto newsletter that lets you drill down to the market info that matters most to you. Choose a delivery time, time zone, quote currency, and cryptoassets, and we ship tailored pricing data and news seven days per week.
You can update your choices at any time:
It’s easy to subscribe:
- Visit the signup page
- Choose a delivery time and time zone
- Enter your email
- Click “Customize My Newsletter”
And now, your weekly Nomics Update.
🚀 This Week At Nomics
- #1. 🎙️ Clay Collins Presents at Consensus: Distributed: On Wednesday, Nomics CEO Clay Collins spoke at Consensus: Distributed, a virtual, COVID-safe version of CoinDesk’s annual blockchain conference. The presentation covered a range of topics including the importance of quote currency dominance, the challenges of candle creation, and why most aggregators 2x their volume data.
Let’s take a look at Topic #1, Quote Currency Dominance.
Crypto/crypto trades now comprise the vast majority of cryptoasset trading activity, exceeding crypto/fiat volume by approximately nine to one.
Among cryptos, Tether is the most common quote currency. Bitcoin is #2.
Here’s the full slide deck:
- #2. 🏆 Crypto Derivatives Exchange Phemex Added With an “A” Rating: This week, we added Phemex to our cryptocurrency exchanges index with an “A” transparency rating. Phemex earned the “A” for sharing high-granularity trade-level data with full histories for each currency pair.
All Phemex data is available on Nomics.com and through our market data API. To learn about our rating system, check out the following essay.
- #3. 🎧 The State of Asset Tokenization in 2020: Flippening episode #77, The State of Asset Tokenization in 2020, is live on our blog. We’re joined by Hart Lambur, co-founder of UMA, and Michael Oved, co-founder and CEO of Fluidity, the company behind AirSwap. The discussion is from a live panel that took place at 0xpo, a February 2020 conference hosted by 0x (ZRX). We’ve included it as part of our Tokenize The World series.
- #4. 👀 Another Nomics.com Ticker Sighting: Our latest sighting is courtesy of Vendency, a service that facilitates Bitcoin purchases by wire, credit card, and gift card. They’ve embedded our widget right on their homepage.
That’s all for this week. Thank you for being part of our growing community. 🌱