In this issue:
- Crypto exchange Bitso leads the way in US-Mexico remittances
- Bitcoin (BTC) turns 11 as its hash rate hits all-time highs
- Aragon puts juries on the blockchain
- Binance & MyCrypto’s Ambo add fiat on-ramps
We also cover the growing decentralized finance (DeFi) sector, which continues to break new ground in lending, cryptoasset trading, and savings products.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- Nomics Update #1: The Market tabs for each exchange on Nomics.com now includes an “Unmapped” section that lists markets for which we have data but haven’t yet mapped. A market can go unmapped for several reasons. The market ID (used by the exchange) could be difficult to parse or there may be an issue with the symbol used for the base or quote currency. For a look at the new section, check out the OKEx Markets tab.
- Nomics Update #2: Flippening episode #66, A Cryptoeconomic Designer’s View of Markets, is live on our blog. In the episode, we meet Matt Chwierut, co-founder and Director of Research at Smith + Crown, a blockchain research organization. We discuss cryptoeconomic design, market trends, the evolving case for Bitcoin, and more.
- Nomics Update #3: On January 9th, we held a Flippening Podcast [LIVE] webinar with Camila Russo, founder of The Defiant, a daily newsletter focused on the DeFi space. In the webinar, titled Ethereum’s Untold History & Defying Future, we cover the history of Ethereum and the promise of decentralized finance, most of which runs on the Ethereum blockchain. Replay available here.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.