In this issue:
- Dapper lets users snap selfies with CryptoKitties
- The first Handshake website goes live
- TokenSets decentralizes fund management
- Brave fights online “fingerprinting”
We also cover HTC’s EXODUS 5G Hub, an all-in-one 5G router and Bitcoin (BTC) full node.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- #1. Meet Daily Wisdom, Our New Podcast Series: We’ve officially launched Daily Wisdom, a new podcast series featuring short, to-the-point clips from our full-length Flippening episodes. This week, we covered crypto’s first fund-of-funds with Rick Marini of Protocol Ventures, Bitcoin-backed lending with Dhruv Bansal of Unchained Capital, and stablecoins with Stephen McKeon of the Lundquist School of Business and Collaborative Fund.
If you already subscribe to Flippening, Daily Wisdom should be in your podcast feed. If you’re not a subscriber, hop over to iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts and subscribe today.
- #2. 📣 We Want Your Comments: We’ve added a new Comments section to our asset, exchange, and trading pair pages. In all cases, the section is located on the Overview tab, so there’s no need to click around. Just scroll down and share your thoughts on cryptoasset project developments, market moves, or where you think the market might be headed. For an example, see the Comments section on our Ethereum / ETH price page.
- #3. Nomics Adds 17 More Crypto Exchanges: This week, we added 17 exchanges to our website and market data API. Bitsdaq, CITEX, and CoinMetro were added with “C” Transparency Ratings for providing recent candle data. Bithumb SG, Cashierest, Coinzo, BITStorage, Bitci, Braziliex, AirSwap, Allbit, Birake, AEX, Coinone, Coinfloor, BTCNEXT, and CoinHe were added with “D” ratings for offering low-granularity, non-historical ticker information.
For more on our rating system, check out the following essay.
- #4. Economics of Proof-of-Work Mining: Flippening episode #71, Economics of Proof-of-Work Mining, is live on our blog. This time, we’re joined by Hasu, an independent cryptocurrency researcher who writes for Uncommon Core and Deribit Insights. We discuss Proof-of-Work, Nakamoto Consensus, and how game theory explains the incentives that secure Bitcoin.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.