Welcome to Issue 25 of Popular Crypto, a newsletter about the mainstream products and services taking crypto to the masses.
In this issue:
- TxTenna enables off-grid BTC transactions
- Cryptosteel protects private keys from fire and flood
- ZenGo, the first keyless crypto wallet
- Brave lets users spend BAT with 250,000+ top brands
We also break down differences between Handshake and traditional domains to show how Handshake fights censorship and boosts internet security.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- #1. 🎉 Nomics Launches 1st Customizable Crypto Newsletter: We’re pleased to announce the launch of our fully customizable daily crypto newsletter. Each issue includes pricing info for the cryptocurrencies of your choice plus updated market cap, volume, and Bitcoin (BTC) dominance data, the day’s most active coins and crypto exchanges, and the latest market news.
It’s easy to subscribe:
1. Visit the signup page
2. Choose a delivery time and time zone
3. Enter your email
4. Click “Customize My Newsletter”
Subscribe today, or to learn more, read the in-depth announcement post.
- #2. ✍️ Crunch Some Numbers With Our Currency Converter: We’ve added a currency converter to all of our cryptoasset pages. Now you can view what any amount of a particular cryptocurrency is worth in any other crypto or fiat currency.
Take an example from our Ethererum / ETH price page, which we’ve quoted in Tezos (XTZ). By clicking the first field (labeled ETH), you can change the value from 1 to anything you like. The second value (XTZ) adjusts accordingly. And it automatically adjusts as market prices change.
- #3. 📈 Nomics Adds Huobi Derivatives Markets + 18 More Crypto Exchanges: This week, we added Huobi derivatives markets plus 18 more crypto exchanges. BTSE, Bitpanda, Bitsonic, BitoPro, CBX, BitOffer, CAT.EX, and DOBI Digital Asset Exchange were added with “C” Transparency Ratings for providing recent candle data. XT, BtcTurk, BiHODL, Bitsten, dYdX, Atomars, Bvnex, Decoin, and Bitcoin.com were added with “D” ratings for offering low-granularity, non-historical ticker information.
Meanwhile, Incognito pDEX completed a “deep data integration” and is now an A+ Verified Exchange. This means that we’ve vetted Incognito’s trade history and verify that it meets the highest standards of reliability, consistency, and data integrity.
All data is available on Nomics.com and through our market data API. For more on our rating system, check out the following essay.
- #4. 👀 Another Nomics.com Ticker Sighting: Proof of Review is a service that shares analyses and ratings of cryptocurrencies, exchanges, and wallets. They feature our embeddable pricing widget on many of their asset and exchange pages. Here’s a screenshot from their review of crypto derivatives exchange FTX, which maintains FTX Token (FTT):
Earlier this week, Proof of Review took to Twitter to explain why they use Nomics for their pricing data:
If you’ve embedded our free cryptocurrency pricing widget on your website, let us know. You might be our next Nomics.com Ticker Sighting. For more on the widget, read the announcement post.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.