This post was last updated on December 18th, 2019 at 08:12 pm
In this issue:
- Nayuta releases a hybrid full-node/SPV Lightning mobile wallet
- Ethereum (ETH) completes its Istanbul hard fork
- SoftBank launches a crypto-enabled payment card
- Bakkt debuts Bitcoin (BTC) options and cash-settled futures
We also cover Deutsche Bank’s “Imagine 2030” report which predicts the end of fiat money and the rise of cryptocurrencies.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- Nomics Update #1: We’ve taken our raw, gapless historical trade data to the next level by enabling historical exchange, aggregated pair, and aggregated OHLCV candles for all intervals from inception. As before, each candle is built from the bottom up with primary source trade execution information.
- Nomics Update #2: More API news… It’s now possible to specify a
convertparameter when calling the Volume History endpoint. By default, volume history is returned in USD, but you can choose
convert=BTC, or any fiat or cryptocurrency listed on Nomics. For more, check out the API docs.
- Nomics Update #3: On the Markets tab for each cryptoasset on Nomics, we list trading pairs on every exchange that has integrated with us. For each pair/exchange, we now include the market ID, the pair’s identifier on the exchange. We’ve also added the type of market: Derivative or Spot. See the screenshot (below) or try a real live Markets tab.
- Nomics Update #4: We’re also pleased to announce our new webinar portal. We regularly hold in-depth webinars with leaders in the crypto space, and we always give plenty of notice, but not everyone has time to listen in the middle of the day. No longer a problem – we’ve got all the replays in the same place.
- Nomics Update #5: Flippening episode #64, The Evolution of Crypto-Backed Loans, is live on our blog. In the episode, we talk with Antoni Trenchev, co-founder and Managing Director at Nexo (NEXO), a provider of instant crypto-backed loans and high-yield savings products. We cover the Nexo product line, the history of crypto-backed lending, and the future of the space.
- Nomics Update #6: Our Ballet hardware wallet giveaway continues! We’re giving away 3 (THREE!) multicurrency, non-electronic Ballet hardware wallets. The wallet, which is the size of a credit card, is easy to use and supports Bitcoin plus a growing list of altcoins. The giveaway ends on December 16th at midnight EST. Enter here. (Side note: if you’re a product company in the crypto space and would like to work with us on a giveaway, please get in touch.)
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.