Welcome to Issue 27 of Popular Crypto, a newsletter about the mainstream products and services taking crypto to the masses.
In this issue:
- Casa enables Bitcoin inheritance planning
- How to build an unstoppable WordPress blog
- Coinbase adds DeFi to its wallet app
- Brave partners with Binance for in-browser crypto trading
We also cover the Coldpower Adapter, a “dumb” or power-only adapter that can charge a Coldcard or Opendime with a standard 9-volt battery.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- #1. ⚖️ Introducing Our Currency Converter Page: A few weeks back, we debuted our currency converter, which lets you price a cryptocurrency in any other crypto or fiat currency. This functionality, which is still available on all of our cryptoasset pages (see our Ethereum Price / ETH page), is now front and center on our new Currency Converter page. The new page also includes markets and historical data.
- 📈 Nomics Integrates 21 More Crypto Exchanges: We’ve added 21 more crypto exchanges. LATOKEN, ZG, WhiteBIT, Omgfin, Bitget, and Bithumb Global were added with “C” Transparency Ratings for offering recent candle data. Hubi, Kumex, PrimeXBT, IndoEx, Kryptono, eToroX, StakeCube, Huobi Korea, VB, and BITFRONT were added with “D” ratings for providing only low-granularity, non-historical ticker information.
Meanwhile, DeversiFi, qTrade, BitUBU, and ProBit were added with “A” ratings for sharing high-granularity trade-level data with full histories for each currency pair.
Currency.com, which completed a “deep data integration,” was added as an A+ Verified Exchange. This means that we’ve vetted Currency.com’s trade history and verify that it meets the highest standards of reliability, consistency, and data integrity.
All data is available on Nomics.com and through our market data API. For more on our rating system, check out the following essay.
- #3. 🎧 Handshake Network, Namebase & A Censorship-Resistant Internet: Flippening episode #73, part two of Handshake Network, Namebase & A Censorship-Resistant Internet, is live on our blog. We’re joined by Tieshun Roquerre, co-founder and CEO of Namebase, an exchange and registrar for Handshake (HNS) domain names. We consider Handshake from an investor’s perspective before diving deep on name auctions and Namebase’s future.
- #4. 👀 Another Nomics.com Ticker Sighting: Our embeddable cryptocurrency pricing widget has popped up again, this time on cryptoai.trade, a site that publishes daily analyses of top cryptocurrencies.
If you’ve embedded our free cryptocurrency pricing widget on your website, let us know. You might be our next Nomics.com Ticker Sighting. For more on the widget, read the announcement post.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.