Quotes"The things that help a company at the very outset are things that will lead to deep discussion, that maybe are surprising, that maybe are shocking, and that not everybody agrees on.” ~@mdudas, CEO of @TheBlock__ Click To Tweet "What became clear to people pretty quickly was that we weren't playing favorites. We were going to take a skeptical but reasonable perspective and put a skeptical, reasonable eye towards anything." ~@mdudas, CEO of @TheBlock__ Click To Tweet "We literally haven't written a story about $BSV because nothing newsworthy is happening other than a price is seemingly being pumped on very limited liquidity on questionable exchanges." ~@mdudas, CEO of @TheBlock__ Click To Tweet [Read more…] about 🎧 The Block’s Hypergrowth: 0 to 4 Million Readers in 18 Months w/ CEO Mike Dudas (Ep. 0070)
In this issue:
- Hacker Noon decentralizes reader comments & annotations
- Pornhub lets content creators cash out in Tether (USDT)
- Akon is building a “futuristic crypto city” in Senegal
- The IRS advertises “virtual currency” on Form 1040
- 2100 lets Twitter users launch their own tokens
We also cover the state of crypto wallets: exchange-hosted hot wallets, mobile wallets, and the “social recovery” model.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- #1 Nomics.com Now Lists 6,702 Cryptoassets: This week, we added a large batch of “metadata-only” cryptoassets for which we have some details (name, description, website, etc.), but no market data – at least not yet. By adding these assets as they are, we accelerate the process of including their market data once we receive it. For an example of a “metadata-only” cryptoasset, check out 0xDark.
- #2 CoinDesk Cites Nomics Data (again): In their Q4 Review, CoinDesk cites Nomics multiple times – twice when discussing fake volume from crypto exchanges. This makes sense as we offer transparent volume data for every cryptoasset on our site and we’re the only aggregator that does so. To learn more about us – and why we take data so seriously – read our Manifesto.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.