In this issue:
- Sablier releases v1 of its protocol for continuous, trustless payments
- BTCPayServer lets users spend from their favorite hardware devices
- ACINQ launches Phoenix, a user-friendly Lightning wallet
- Coinbase Pro enables sub-accounts for different trading strategies
We also cover Tradeshift’s FlowTokens, tokenized IOUs that slash the cost of cross-border settlements.
All that and more in this week’s issue. But first, here’s some…
🚀 Updates From Nomics
- Nomics Update #1: We’ve improved the layout for our cryptoasset pages with a fresh design and user experience. We consolidated content and placed price charts, market cap, volume and other indicators at the top of the new Overview tab. See the screenshot (below) or check out the Litecoin price page for a live example.
- Nomics Update #2: Last week, we debuted the Type column, which identifies whether a market is trading on a Derivative or Spot exchange. Since then, we’ve added more features to the Markets tab. If a market is excluded from our aggregate price calculation, it is now marked with an asterisk. If it is excluded from our aggregate volume calculation, it gets a double asterisk. In both cases, the notation (* or **) is matched with a footnote. We also identify when a market is excluded from aggregate price calculations for failing to update within the past 24 hours. These markets are grayed out and accompanied by an info tooltip. The screenshot (below) is from the Deribit Markets tab.
- Nomics Update #3: On December 9th, we held a webinar with Ricky Tan, founder of TokenData, a cryptocurrency research organization. The webinar, entitled How Mergers & Acquisitions Are Shaping the Cryptocurrency Industry, covered a range of topics including an overview of crypto M&A trends and a look at the future of the practice. Catch the replay here.
And now, let’s see what the cryptocurrency world has brought us this week.